Sometimes the best presents come in the smallest packages!
As gifting season approaches, it’s time to start thinking about what to purchase for that special someone in your life. Jewellery is always a popular choice, but it doesn’t have to be a predictable one!
We all attach precious memories to our jewellery, with our favourite pieces becoming imbued with our unique story and personality over a lifetime of wear. These iconic pieces are often passed down through families as tokens that loved ones can wear to remember us by while also honouring the strong emotional bond that was shared.
Investing in such highly personal pieces requires care, attention to detail, and a guarantee of quality. At Deakin & Francis, we understand the emotion behind the jewellery, especially when it comes to pieces that are given as a gift between loved ones.
As experts in bespoke jewellery, we are here to educate you on the benefits of choosing bespoke and help you find the perfect gift for the special lady in your life. Our team of jewellers and craftsmen here at our factory in Birmingham take great care in delicately handcrafting pieces that you will be equally excited to give as a gift as your loved ones will be to receive! We are well known in the male jewellery market for our cufflinks, however, no one ever said cufflinks were just for men! Why not break the mould and get the lady in your life a lovely pair of cufflinks!
Finding the right piece will require a lot of time and research, and at Deakin & Francis we are here to help guide you through this journey so that you can be confident that you are investing in the perfect gift for your loved one. Whether you want to invest in a completely bespoke piece or an item from our existing jewellery range to be engraved with a personal message, here are some of our top gift choices for this upcoming season.
Under The Sea
One of the most exciting jewellery trends of 2019 takes inspiration straight from the sea, with key pieces featuring real pearls and vivid blue hues to bring a calming oceanic energy to your look.
Perfect for those that dream of being by the water, our 18ct white gold necklace is the ideal way to adapt this seasons trend into your existing style. Featuring a combination of pearls and blue topaz oval gemstones, this stunningly handcrafted necklace is the perfect transition piece to carry any look from season-to-season.
Dream It, Believe It
Dreamcatchers have long been considered symbols of protection and comfort, making them a particularly charming and poignant gift to give to your loved one. Using this as inspiration for our enchanting Dreamcatcher Collection, we’ve designed a stunning range of pieces that are guaranteed to add a touch of magic to any outfit.
This collection has been created for those that have a more bohemian and creative sense of style, and features a beautiful range of pieces which have all been expertly crafted from precision-cut pieces of mother-of-pearl with precious gemstone centres. These stunning sterling silver earrings feature an iridescent mother-of-pearl inlay encased in a rose gold plated setting with a sparkling yellow sapphire gemstone centre. Or branch out and get the matching ring and necklace, you could treat yourself to the matching cufflinks too!
The Rebellious Spirit
Perfect for a more rebellious spirit, cufflinks are more than just a way to accessorise a formal outfit and are great for adding a touch of personality to a look when limited by a strict dress code.
Cufflinks are an ideal present for women who work in corporate offices and want to add that extra flair to their everyday office wear. Whether at an important client meeting or going to an event after work, cufflinks can set an outfit apart and help you stand out from the crowd.
For those looking to invest in something a bit bold and unique, we recommend our Hairy Viking Skull with Black Spinel Helmet and Ruby Eye Cufflinks. Inspired by Scandinavian Pirates, these stunning cufflinks feature a black spinel helmet with bright ruby eyes which have been expertly fitted into a beard.
For more ideas on what you can gift your loved ones this Christmas, take a look at our exciting range of products available on the website or contact us to discuss your ideas for an original bespoke piece!
10 top tips for buying ladies jewellery
- Go for the high-quality basics – something that is quite plain and simple, but make sure that it is high quality so that it is something she can wear every day.
- When in doubt revisit a classic – this is fairly similar to tip 1. If there is a brand or store that she tends to purchase her jewellery from, why not contact them.
- Research what is currently on trend – the majority of women like to keep up to date with the latest fashions and jewellery is no different.
- Do your research on what jewellery she currently wears – make sure you know if she favours necklaces to rings or only wears bracelets. All women are different and have their particular preferences.
- Plan ahead and don’t leave it to the last minute – not only to avoid the rush and stress of Christmas eve shopping, this one is important, especially if you are going down the bespoke route. Jewellery can take a while to be made and you want to make sure it is perfect.
- Find an item that will tell a story – we all have keep safes that we cling onto and they tend to have a story behind, whether it be a personal story between you, or an item of jewellery that is linked to something special in her life, this creates its story.
- Find out what metal she wears and match it – Typically we like jewellery to match. If she only wears gold jewellery don’t get her silver as this will not go with the rest of her collection. Women do tend to have a preference.
- Make sure the item will fit – if you are looking at purchasing a ring, make sure you know her ring size! If you don’t know and can’t ask her, borrow a ring she wears and take it to be measured so you can find out.
- Make it memorable and personal – Jewellery is something we cherish and keep, sometimes forever.
- Visit Deakin & Francis in the Piccadilly Arcade in London – Where our amazing staff will do all the work for you.