This weekend I will be playing in a charity game of polo with some friends from Eton.
My pony Dimitri will definitely enjoy the excitement and of course the social interaction that comes with a game of polo.
For me it’s the thrill of scoring a goal against old university rivals or completing a successful ride-off.
Here is my round up of the rules in a game of Polo…
– Polo is played by two competing teams, four players on either side
– A match lasts for approximately 1 1/2 hours
– The match is divided in to 7 minute time periods referred to as chukkers, with 3 minute intervals between each one
– The mallet must be used by your right hand only
– Players are designated as either attack or defence
– Ponies play for a maximum of 2 chukkers per match